Hello and welcome to my blog -a collection of fashion related musings based on the people I know and admire, the places and shops I visit, the latest catwalk trends and my most recent outfit dilemma.

Friday 6 November 2009

Lizzie Loves...Party Dresses!

CHRISTMAS is on the way and my enthusiasm for shopping on a budget is deteriorating by the day.
I blame my Limited Edition fashion page.
During the last week or so, I have been trawling the web and hitting the high street in search of the glitziest festive fashion for a Lizzie Loves Christmas special.
My search uncovered so many lovely dresses, fabulous accessories and sensational shoes it has left me with an insatiable urge to go shopping and splurge next month's rent.
Of course I can't and remain committed to my new thrifty ways but surely the odd treat wouldn't do any harm?
Top of my treat list has to be this gorgeous fuchsia mini dress from Marks and Spencer.

Image courtesy of prshots.com.

Is it just me or does this former refuge for the twinset and pearls brigade just keep getting better?
Not only does it fit perfectly with this season's love affair with opulent colours and eighties excess, it's less than £40 and will look great with black opaques and heels.

As always, my high street favourite Miss Selfridge has not failed to disappoint with it's Christmas collection.
Sexy dresses, slinky camisoles, leather look leggings, shoes to die for and sequins galore -what this well thought out offering lacks in colour it makes up for in sparkle and sultry glamour!
Some of my personal favourites include the Jersey Lace Top Dress, the Embellished Studded Body Con Dress and the Aqua Wave Batwing Top.
Another thing worth noting about the collection is the stunningly effective way it is presented on the Miss Selfridge website.
I love the way the model struts her stuff on each page, meaning the customer gets to see the way the garments move rather than just stare at a static image.
The technique works particularly well for a collection dominated by sequins and shimmering fabrics.

My quest to become more ethical in my shopping habits also led me to explore the People Tree website.
With its own Topshop collection and loyal following of green fashionittas, the company has proven organic fair trade is not just for hippies.
It's a great place to stock up on daywear and accessories and also boasts a truly scrumptious range of party dresses.
In one of this season's hottest hues, this flattering prom dress will turn your friends green with envy.




Image courtesy of prshots.com

1 comment:

  1. Hi there, Im so delighted to have found you on the blogsphere, Im a Style Consultant based in Lancashire covering the North West area.If there is anyway we can work together to help promote each others endevours please let me know, Im based in Lancaster!You are going to make a great fashion journalist! Good for you for taking that leap!I have started following! Sharon xx e-sharonstyle@fsmail.net

    ReplyDelete